Skip to main content

Talent is Not Enough




Talent is like a key and also like a diverse window of opportunities. Just because you have the key, doesn't mean you get to walk through the door and that is the tricky thing.
You could say, I have talent, I am what everyone wants but trust me it can never be enough. You have it doesn't mean other people don't and they could be more willing than you are.

Talent is like a plant, for it to grow you have to expose it to sunlight and feed it the required amount of nutrients it deserves. If you ignore that plant because you feel the plant is beautiful, rare  and for that, it can take care of itself, that plant will die and all you will be left with is the charred remains of what could be made beautiful.

Talent dies! Let that sink in!

There have been cases of promising men and women who started off well in their respective fields but their story is told in a once upon a time fashion, which means they once had it and now they don't.
Did it mean that they didn't have it at all? No. It only means that they actually thought it was enough and it was going to save them whenever they called on it. So they ignored it and it withered away.

Some reasons that can make you lose your talent:

Lack of practice
In other for a car to run, it needs fuel and if there is no fuel, no matter how beautiful the car is, it becomes useless. Your talent will mean nothing if you don't utilize it often so just like a car without fuel, it is useless.

Procrastination
You could be talented in singing, dancing, acting or drawing and there is a chance to put your work out there, but you keep promising yourself that you will take part in the next. Even if you are scared of rejection or maybe you feel you are not good enough, no one ever achieved anything by doing nothing. Always learn to put yourself out there, no matter what. Never be scared of a challenge, one day someone must notice what you carry.

Lackadaisical attitude
Nothing ever achieved anything by remaining at particular spot. There can’t be help if you don’t help yourself first. Some people need to see the drive in you, the zeal, the game face of a fighter before they can help you. If you grow lazy your talent, no one will ever take notice.

Ignorance
This particular word has served as bliss to a lot of people. They prefer to grope in the dark than to walk into the light. Enrich yourself with knowledge of your proposed talent. Feed it, nurture it, groom it into something that is extraordinary. Just like you care for yourself, also care for your talent.

With a host of other reasons that can make you lose your talent, always note this at the back of your mind, your talent is like a golden compass, beautiful, shinny, lustrous but it will succumb to an unfavorable environmental condition if you refuse to walk in the direction it leads you to.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art: Developing an Art Style

Most questions Artists ask themselves right from the first time they decide to do art is if they have an art style. First off when I started, I didn't know what an art style was, I didn't think I had one even up to this point because I always wanted to incorporate a lot of things at once in my art. Also because I was self taught and most of my art tutorials came and still comes from the internet. I wanted my art to have life, I wanted it to be fashionable, I wanted concept, I wanted it to look like a work hanging in a museum. All these I wanted and more but I didn't give myself time to breathe and actually enjoy painting. So whenever I put out a painting, I saw a million things it could have been so I will end up resenting the art but that art will end up beating my expectations. What am I actually saying? Art styles come naturally, from famous painters like Pablo Picasso, Leonardo Da Vinchi, Henri Matisse down to instagram works of @loisvb, @_picolo , @...

Movie: Lionheart Review

If you want to watch a movie so surreal that it feels like it is just you, watching from a distance, as a certain family goes to through hurdles to retain longevity, then you should see Lionheart. In all hype and noise, Lionheart stands in the rubble, undeterred, whilst it goes ahead to break through clichés, stereotypes and the nerve jerking predictable story lines always churned out with few polishing. So it is safe to say; I did not expect the ending. I expected like a big BOOM where the protagonist Adaeze (Genevieve Nnaji) saves the day, but still the ending was very real life and a great moral lesson particularly for people in business. Also I loved how they movie was able to incorporate how lives were ruined by the 'Change' in government. How people were are forced to make huge gambles just to stay afloat. In all diamonds: the rubies, the topazes, the sapphires, the hyacinths, the crystals, the peridotes, the amethysts, the emeralds.... Lionheart is a Sa...

Poem: The Fairy of Nondally

There lived a fairy in Nondally, but she wasn't always seen. The people who did, said her face was gleam. She made the roses bloom, she guarded the loom. She was dressed in green, a clothing fit for a queen. There lived a fairy in Nondally, she barely spoke. Hair  of brass, eyes like it was teary from smoke. She looked at the splendor with eyes of wonder "O' what a scene that stretched to yonder" There lived a fairy in Nondally, I was told. Who could have known how I would feel if I could behold. A beautiful fairy, immaculate beauty It pleases me to pen down this in a jiffy.